Get Back to Yourself

It is finally time to regain your sense of self. You are important. Despite the obligations of family and life, you still must nurture your own needs. Let's get healthy!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Journey

Normally, I would not share such personal information about myself. However, so many family members and friends have asked similar questions on my newest venture in life that I felt it would be easiest to journal my journey on a blog. So, here it goes.

I don't know what happened. Between thyroidism, PCOS, having 3 children, and the lack of serious exercise, I have become someone who I do not know and do not understand. What happened to the "old" me? Everyone else seems to come first and I am too tired to take time for myself. Familiar story. Well......no more. After receiving some concerning bloodwork results about a month ago, I have decided enough is enough. A major life change is in order.

I began working out about a month and a week ago. I chose to start simple. I can't join a gym right now. We had a Wii. I started out by dancing, yes dancing. I use the Just Dance II game for the Wii as a major part of my workout. I have since included workouts by Jillian and Kettle Balls and the Wii Fit. I walk when the weather permits. I am trying to increase walking to jogging. I was never a runner. I hate to run actually. But, it is healthy for me so I will learn and train.

I spent tons of money restocking my cabinets with "healthier choices." I substituted all White food products for wheat. All of my pasta is wheat, all of my breads are wheat. Heck, my flour is now Wheat. It takes some getting used to, but you adapt. I switched sugar to Splenda and would like to try a Stevia product in the near future. I am experimenting with food and cooking more so than ever before. Funny thing is, I am finding that my kids like my current foods better than the old foods. Go figure.

So far, I have lost in the neighborhood of 11 or 12 pounds. I am on a mission. I will succeed. I will lose 45 pounds or more and get back to Me. I will take part in activities that I enjoy instead of putting them on the back burner. I will get back to nature and once again spend lots of time outdoors. I will share what I learn and experience with my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment